Friday, August 8, 2008

Feeling so loved....

Yesterday was my birthday & gawd!!...was it wonderful?. In my twenty something long yearsssss....i've never had it this good. I felt loved, special, honored, appreciated, doted on, cared for, pampered, e.t.c. My buddies threw a surprise parry for me, they took me totally unawares, did a good job in concealing it from me, goshhhhhhhhh...do i love them?.....Nyways, i thank God mightily for adding another year to my life, it's gonna be a year of fulfillment, a year of new experiences, a year of greater exploits, e.t.c. I so look foward to it.

I realised that as we grow, we mature & as we mature, we begin to see things differently & understand life better. I used to fantasize alot growing up. At one time, i imagined i was an oyinbo girl with long hair and very rich parents (thanks to the good 'ole American novels- Sweet Valley High, Keepsakes, e.t.c.). At one time, I fantasized i was Winfrey Oprah's adopted child, i fantasized about marrying Will Smith and going to live with him in his million-dollars mansion, i fantasized about singing alongside Pavarotti in an Italian Opera house. There was nothing i didn't fantasize about.....hmmmnnn...those were good old dayz sha. As i grew older, my eyes opened, my many many fantasies died, they drifted away from my consciousness. I had other distractions......other things occupied my mind. I was learning the game called life.

Life doesn't always give to you what you planned for all the time, it throws up new surprises, some pleasant, some sour......you've got to be tough, you've got to be prepared, you've got to be brave. You've got to learn to lean on a greater & higher power- GOD. I have seen a fifty something old man who lies to himself that he is an American , meanwhyl, he's never been to America before. Because of the frustration of being denied American visa for many years, he settled for living the American dream in NAija...how pathetic!, meanwhyl, he's an urhobo man ooooo.....lol

Longtime ago, I set out goals for myself. Things i wanted to achieve, and at what age to achieve them. I'm looking at myself right now & saying "Girl, you've not done badly at all!", i have come a very long way! I haven't achieved it all, there's still a whole lot to achieve but i've tried. I'm not complacent, i'm not slipping, i am ever so determined. I want to thank God for bringing me thus far ..... I thank God for the friends & family he put around me.....my spiritual leader p.p. & his wife, they have contributed in making & moulding me into who God wants me to be....I'm grateful!

Just can't stop beaming.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAppy birthday...many happy returns of d day!!!

Anonymous said...

U haven't seen anything yet, this is just the begining. You are yet to see greater things............

tobenna said...

Yeah, I remember Sweet Valley High. Not like I read them oh!
I also remember Pacesetters!

After trawling blogosphere for 2 years, welcome!
Have fun up in here.